“CoDAthon” is a series of non-stop 24 and 48 hour meetings during the holidays, especially geared towards the Co-Dependent who still suffers. It’s especially helpful for those without family or those who would benefit from additional support during the holiday season.
The idea originated decades ago in at least one other 12 step group. Over the last several years meetings have been made available to the entire fellowship. They are offered Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve & Day; and New Year’s Eve & Day. They are available world wide.
Through 2021, 3 of the alt meetings were sponsoring these meetings by themselves. In 2022, we opened it up to all the internet & phone meetings, & had a great success.
Would your meeting sponsor a CoDAthon meeting?
If your meeting is willing, you can pick your day (s) & time slot (s). And of course, the more meetings, the better!
Basically, it requires :
- the sponsoring meeting has an internet based video or phone account
- we can share the log in information & a contact email with the fellowship.
- a facilitator or meeting chair for each time slot that you choose.
If your meeting is interested, (or if you have any questions), we would need:
- meeting day, time, (USA Pacific Standard Time)
- public meeting contact
- meeting log in information for the CoDA fellowship.
(Zoom, Teams, Jitsi)
If your home meeting or intergroup is interested in participating in this important service work please either respond to this email or email email@example.com
Virtual / Hybrid CoDA Meetings supporting CoDAthon 2023 so far:
- 24th December – CoDAthon Xmas Eve
- 25th December – CoDAthon Xmas
- 31st December – CoDAthon New Years Eve
- 1st January – CoDAthon New Years Day
- Spanish language CoDAthon
To find out more if your meeting would like to support CoDAthon 2023 please reach out to Geff R (firstname.lastname@example.org)